Location: Toronto – Latvian Canadian Cultural Centre – 4 Credit Union Drive (Kursa Room)
Date & Time: Friday, March 23, 2018 from 8:30am – 5:00pm
(H5 Sport 8:30am-12:30pm/FMS PD 1:00pm-5:00pm)
HIGH FIVE and the Coaches Association of Ontario are offering HIGH FIVE Sport in conjunction with Fundamental Movement Skills Professional Development training in one day!
HIGH FIVE Sport
HIGH FIVE Sport provides Coaches with tools and expertise to:
- Understand children’s mental health and emotional needs
- Apply the stages of LTAD
- Design competition that promotes Fair Play
- Prepare a child for competition and manage feelings around winning and losing
- Engage and motivate athletes
- Effectively manage behavior
- Communicate effectively with athletes and parents
Fundamental Movement Skills PD
The Fundamental Movement Skills of throwing, catching, jumping, striking, running, kicking, agility, balance and coordination, form the basis for future sport skill development and for the life-long enjoyment of physical activity.
Learn how to OBSERVE and IMPROVE the fundamental movement skills through the format listed below which is best suited to you and your line of work.
- Analyze and identify the various stages of development for the fundamental movement skills;
- Apply a six-step process to teaching the fundamental movement skills;
- Create safe games where children can practice fundamental movement skills.
Contact: Brooke at 416-426-7427 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*Coaches must be 16 or older to access NCCP multi-sport training in Ontario.*
- March 23, 2018 - March 24, 2018
8:30 am - 5:00 pm