Host: Freestyle Ontario
Date & Time: Saturday, June 10th from 9am to 5pm
To Register Contact: Lora Fenn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-238-7604 x 704
This is a Competition Introduction multi-sport course.
After taking this module you will be able to:
- Assess your own beliefs regarding effective teaching;
- Analyze certain coaching situations to determine if they promote learning;
- Create conditions that promote learning and self-esteem through:
- Appropriate consideration of the affective, cognitive and motor dimensions of learning;
- The use of words and methods that relate to an athlete’s preferred learning style;
- A sound organization;
- Active supervision; and
- The use of well-formulated feedback offered at the right time and with the right frequency.
- Use teaching assessment grids to gather objective information on teaching effectiveness, and use this data to develop an action plan to enhance your own effectiveness as a teacher and coach.
*Coaches must be 16 or older to access NCCP multi-sport training in Ontario.*
Venue: Freestyle Skiing Ontario
- June 10, 2017
9:00 am - 5:00 pm