Location: Oriole Community Centre – Multipurpose Room (B)
Date & Time: Sunday, September 16 from 10:00am to 5:00pm
Cost: Free for Toronto residents, $88 for non-residents
Registration: Register Online HERE: If you have never registered with the City of Toronto before, call the contact centre at 416-338-4FUN (4386) and they will set you up with a client barcode and account PIN. Proof of residency may be required. Once you have your codes, you may register online.
After taking this module you will be able to:
- Assess your own beliefs regarding effective teaching;
- Analyze certain coaching situations to determine if they promote learning;
- Create conditions that promote learning and self-esteem through:
- Appropriate consideration of the affective, cognitive and motor dimensions of learning;
- The use of words and methods that relate to an athlete’s preferred learning style;
- A sound organization;
- Active supervision; and
- The use of well-formulated feedback offered at the right time and with the right frequency.
- Use teaching assessment grids to gather objective information on teaching effectiveness, and use this data to develop an action plan to enhance your own effectiveness as a teacher and coach.
*Coaches must be 16 or older to access NCCP multi-sport training in Ontario.*
Venue: Oriole Community Centre
- September 16, 2018
10:00 am - 5:00 pm