Become a Coach with this FULLY FUNDED Mentorship Program for Female Coaches – Sign up Today!
This Mentorship Program is for Women who want to become a Coach for the first time, OR an existing Coach looking for Mentorship and Development. Participants receive:
- Funding for Training and Professional Development
- Access to Workshops and Events
- Ongoing Support from Mentors and a Host of Experts in Fields such as Nutrition, Strength & Conditioning, Psychology of Performance and much more!
The time is NOW! Don’t miss the opportunity to be part of this Ontario150 Program.
1 Coach = 10 Kids = 1,000 Smiles
- RECRUIT, DEVELOP, & SUPPORT 250 Ontario female coaches along a learning pathway.
- Formalize a mentorship model for coaching in Ontario – with meaningful connections within sports and across sports.
- Engage the system through PSOs, education sector partnerships and community groups province-wide.
- Celebrate the accomplishments of this group in a culminating Gala.
- Engage sport sector partners to take a deep look at systemic issues – making the barriers for greater female participation in coaching go away and longevity of women in coaching a more common occurrence.
- Create greater public awareness – role of the coach & stories of coach’s who have done it – through PSAs & video vignettes.
- Enhance communication through resource centre website for Women and Girls in Sport.
- Tell the story of the group at a culminating Gala.
An excited 2017 graduating class of 250 female leaders will represent a new generation of female coaches. These women will be selected from across every sport, every community in Ontario, all ages, experiences and demographics. They will be connected, supported, and developed, but most importantly ready and willing to inspire the next generation of athletes, coaches, and citizens..
Not one and done approach. We want the journey in the program to be life changing, empowering and have a long lasting impact. With supports, networks, tools, and access to knowledge and skill development opportunities, these female coaches are going to be able to coach more athletes and be retained longer.
Apprentices.– Spaces still available!
- WHO: Women who want to become a Coach for the first time, OR an existing Coach looking for Mentorship and Development
- WHY: Training, support, connections, enhancement
Mentors. – Fully recruited!
- WHO: Experienced coaches who want to get involved in supporting 250 female apprentices in their coach and leadership development
- WHY: You will leave a legacy in your sport, receive funding, professional development
Accelerators. – Fully recruited!
- WHO: Experts who have knowledge in sport-specific and leadership areas that want to help coaches build their toolkits
- WHY: Make a difference, share your expertise & knowledge, receive funding, be the spark
Change Agents. – Fully recruited!
- WHO: PSOs, Community Groups, Sport Partners, Education
- WHY: More women, more success
Where one gender does not dominate the leadership roles, excellence happens, participation is sustained, and reach is further. When women are on the coaching roster, girls and boys play longer. This is not about side-stepping men, or not including men in the picture. When we make the sport system better for women, it becomes better for everyone. There are many men who can be very helpful in mentorship roles, networking and support. Many men who coach recognize how women can contribute in many ways to sport performance and excel at sport leadership roles. Often what is missing is “planting the seed” or encouragement, or an opportunity to not just observe, but to do and coach. We want to create a network of support, learning opportunities and conversations that encourage, nurture and grow skills and technical knowledge in female coaches across the sport sector. We believe balanced leadership will better position sport in Ontario for long lasting impact on lives, on attitudes and the economy.