An NCCP workshop for anyone working or interested in working, with young children
The Fundamental Movement Skills of throwing, catching, jumping, striking, running, kicking, agility, balance and coordination, form the basis for future sport skill development and for the life-long enjoyment of physical activity.
Learn how to OBSERVE and IMPROVE the fundamental movement skills through the format listed below which is best suited to you and your line of work.
- Analyze and identify the various stages of development for the fundamental movement skills;
- Apply a six-step process to teaching the fundamental movement skills;
- Create safe games where children can practice fundamental movement skills.
FMS Information Sheets:
- For Parents
- For High School Teachers
- For Elementary School Teachers
- For Community & Rec Leaders
- For Coaches
|Community Leader||Coach Professional Development||High School Leadership|
|Target: Recreation leaders, sport camp leaders, etc.
Duration: 8 hour workshop
|Target: Coaches or Instructors with previous NCCP Training
Duration: 3 hour workshop
|Target: High School Students
Duration: 9 lesson plans delivered by the Physical Education Teacher at your school.
To meet the Government of Ontario’s strategy of getting kids active, the Government of Ontario is supporting this workshop in communities and programs across the province. The course includes manual/resources , 4-8 hours of training and accreditation in the National Coaching Certification Program.
- Physical Literacy Assessment for Youth (PLAY) Tools
- A Running Start
- OPHEA PlaySport
- American Development Model
- LA84 Foundations
- CS4L Developing Physical Literacy Resource
- CS4L: Physical Literacy
- Games with a Purpose DVD
- PHE Canada FMS Series Resources and DVD
- Run Jump Throw Ahtletics
- Steve Nash Youth Basketball
- Spikes Volleyball
- High Five Training
- Ever Active
- Active Living Circuit Charts
- Alberta Education FMS Teaching Tools
- CIRA Ontario
- Active For Life: Physical Literacy
- Active For Life: Lesson Plans
- Sports Coach UK: Fundamentals Resources
- PISE: Physical Literacy
- PHE Canada: Physical Literacy Checklist
- PHE Canada: FMS
- Canadian Assessment of Physical Literacy
- CIRA Ontario: Physical Literacy Exercises and Videos