The Quest for Gold (QfG) initiative is also instrumental in delivering financial assistance to Provincial Sport Organizations (PSOs) for coach-related costs.
The QfG program aims to ensure that Ontario’s developmental and high-performance athletes receive the best coaching possible, by providing a series of enhancement programs and resources for coaches and PSOs.
Unsure if you are eligible for QfG funding? Please contact the CAO today!
The CAO will provide grants under this program to coaches who meet the following criteria:
- Who are a minimum NCCP Competition Stream trained (or equivalent)
- Coaching in a Quest for Gold Eligible Sport (see section below)
- A resident of Ontario
- Coaching competitive level athletes who are considered Ontario residents by definition in the Quest for Gold Athlete Assistance Program (QfG OAAP)
- Assigned as the Coach of athletes attending competitions (Note: to distinguish this role from support persons i.e. strength & conditioning trainer)
- Registered as a current member in good standing of an Ontario Provincial Sport Organization (PSO)
We encourage coaches to be a member of the CAO in order to receive up to date information on coach education and available funding. Click here to join for only $20.
To be eligible, the sport for which the applicant represents must also meet all of the following three criteria:
1. Must be delivered by a PSO/MSO recognized under the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport (MTCS’s) Sport Recognition Policy,
2. Must be participating in the QfG Ontario Athlete Assistance Program (QfG-OAAP).
3. Must have an approved NCCP Program.
The list of sports who meet the eligibility requirements on April 1, 2017 are:
|Alpine Skiing (including para)||Field Hockey||Softball|
|Archery (including para)||Freestyle Skiing||Speed Skating|
|Athletics (including Para-Athletics)||Gymnastics||Squash|
|Badminton||Goal Ball||Swimming (including para)|
|Basketball (including Wheelchair)||Ice Hockey (including HDCO, OWHA and Sledge Hockey)||Table Tennis|
|Biathlon||Judo (including para)||Tae Kwon Do|
|Bobsleigh/Skeleton||Karate (Ontario Karate Federation)||Tennis (including Wheelchair Tennis)|
|Boxing||Ringette||Volleyball (including Sitting Volleyball, beach and indoor)|
|Cross Country Skiing (including para)||Rugby (Rugby 7’s )||Water Ski / Wakeboarding|
|Curling (including para)||Sailing (including para)||Weightlifting|
|Cycling (including para)||Shooters (including para)||Wheelchair Rugby|
|Equestrian (including para)||Snowboarding (including para)|
|Fencing||Soccer (including 5 and 7 a-side)|
Applications are now being accepted for all coach and PSO funding opportunities. Select a QfG opportunity below to find out more or apply now.
QfG is funded from net revenues generated by the Quest for Gold lottery, created by the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG).
The government of Ontario is committed to providing QfG funding support for Ontario’s coaches.