- Assess your own beliefs regarding effective teaching;
- Analyze certain coaching situations to determine if they promote learning;
- Create conditions that promote learning and self-esteem through:
- Appropriate consideration of the affective, cognitive and motor dimensions of learning;
- The use of words and methods that relate to an athlete’s preferred learning style;
- A sound organization;
- Active supervision; and
- The use of well-formulated feedback offered at the right time and with the right frequency.
- Use teaching assessment grids to gather objective information on teaching effectiveness, and use this data to develop an action plan to enhance your own effectiveness as a teacher and coach.
- September 15, 2019
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Location: Oriole Community Centre – Multipurpose room (B) Date & Time: Sunday, September 15, 2019 from 10:00am to 3:00pm Cost: Free for Toronto residents, $92 for non-residents Barcode: 3143549 Registration: Register Online HERE: If you have never registered with the City of Toronto before, call the contact centre at 416-338-4FUN (4386) and they will set you up with a (more…)
- September 16, 2019 - September 17, 2019
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Course Location: Web access from your own computer. Date: Monday September 16 and Tuesday September 17 Time: 6pm-10pm on both nights. Coaches that login when the course content has started will not be allowed to participate and will be ejected from the course. Cost: $85.00 Course Description: This is a live, Facilitator led, interactive group based (more…)