- Assess your own beliefs regarding effective teaching;
- Analyze certain coaching situations to determine if they promote learning;
- Create conditions that promote learning and self-esteem through:
- Appropriate consideration of the affective, cognitive and motor dimensions of learning;
- The use of words and methods that relate to an athlete’s preferred learning style;
- A sound organization;
- Active supervision; and
- The use of well-formulated feedback offered at the right time and with the right frequency.
- Use teaching assessment grids to gather objective information on teaching effectiveness, and use this data to develop an action plan to enhance your own effectiveness as a teacher and coach.
- March 23, 2019
8:30 am - 1:30 pm
Location: Parkway Forest Community Centre – Arts & Crafts Room (C) Date & Time: Saturday, March 23 from 8:30am to 1:30pm Cost: Free for Toronto residents, $88 for non-residents Barcode: 3143529 Registration: Register Online HERE: If you have never registered with the City of Toronto before, call the contact centre at 416-338-4FUN (4386) and they will set you up (more…)
- September 15, 2019
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Location: Oriole Community Centre – Multipurpose room (B) Date & Time: Sunday, September 15, 2019 from 10:00am to 3:00pm Cost: Free for Toronto residents, $92 for non-residents Barcode: 3143549 Registration: Register Online HERE: If you have never registered with the City of Toronto before, call the contact centre at 416-338-4FUN (4386) and they will set you up with a (more…)