- Assess your own beliefs regarding effective teaching;
- Analyze certain coaching situations to determine if they promote learning;
- Create conditions that promote learning and self-esteem through:
- Appropriate consideration of the affective, cognitive and motor dimensions of learning;
- The use of words and methods that relate to an athlete’s preferred learning style;
- A sound organization;
- Active supervision; and
- The use of well-formulated feedback offered at the right time and with the right frequency.
- Use teaching assessment grids to gather objective information on teaching effectiveness, and use this data to develop an action plan to enhance your own effectiveness as a teacher and coach.
- November 3, 2019
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Host: U of T Multi-Sport Super Clinic Date & Time: Sunday, November 3, 2019 from 9am-2pm Cost: $79.00 After taking this module you will be able to: Assess your own beliefs regarding effective teaching; Analyze certain coaching situations to determine if they promote learning; Create conditions that promote learning and self-esteem through: Appropriate consideration of the affective, (more…)
- November 30, 2019
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Location: Etibicoke Civic Centre Date & Time: Saturday, November 30, 2019 from 10:00am to 3:00pm Cost: Free for Toronto residents, $92 for non-residents Barcode: 3258387 Registration: Register Online HERE: If you have never registered with the City of Toronto before, call the contact centre at 416-338-4FUN (4386) and they will set you up with a client barcode and (more…)