How Much Will I Receive?
Up to a maximum of $400 per individual in the fiscal year (April 1, 2016-March 31, 2017) will be available to cover up to 70% of course registration fees.
Am I Eligible?
Bursaries can only be applied to individual coaches:
- coaching a Q4G eligible sport
- a resident of Ontario
- working directly with Ontario competitive athletes preparing them for regional, provincial, national and international competition
- who complete NCCP training in Competition or Instruction Stream
- who paid the fees them self.
Points of Eligibility Clarification:
- Bursaries are only eligible for in-person NCCP. Home Study and Remote Learning formats are not eligible.
- Bursaries are not available for old technical 1,2,3 courses.
- Bursaries are not available for Competition Introduction Multi Sport Modules.
- Coaches must pay their own course fee. Course fees paid in advance of the workshop by the club, league, sport association, etc., are not eligible for coach bursary.
- If your course requires an evaluation, you do not need to wait until that evaluation is complete to submit your final report.
- Coaches must be Ontario residents in order to apply.
Important ‘steps’ for April 1 2016-March 31, 2017 fiscal year funds:
1. Enroll in course
2. Submit application for review which must be received within 90 days of the end date of coach training activity being applied for or before March 31, 2017 (which ever comes first).
3. You will receive a summary of the application to acknowledge that it has been received.
4. A second email will be sent by the CAO office that will indicate the status of your application and include your next steps. Please read the email notification and review how to submit the final report, proof of payment and proof of completion.
5. Attend coach training activity
6. Submit final report within 120 days from end date of coach training activity identified on the approved application